Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I’m gonna go ahead and say it......

I’m gonna go ahead and say it......


This election year seems to have quite a few panties in a bunch. Both sides are pretty passionate. I'm not writing this to tell you who to vote for, but I am writing this to encourage those who can to vote. Any way it goes it's going to be historic and either way people are going to be upset. But probably not nearly as upset as when the G-dub was re elected. I'm going into this election prepared. I'm going to study the platforms and plans of BOTH sides, I'm not using the DNC or RNC as my sole source of information. In my opinion, these are just pep rallies. And sure it's easy to get swept away in the hoopla of promises and hope, but I am cynical of both sides. I'll not be swayed by smiling politicians or their crowd of cheering puppets who give a standing O after every sentence.

I want to see the debates, I want to see them go head to head. I'll be voting for the person who no longer makes a fool of America. We've become a joke to other countries and yes, they are watching this election on bated breath just as we are. To them we're the star quarterback/bully from olden days that you find at the class reunion balding and beer gutted and desperate. I'm proud of my country and the liberties we've been provided, many women and men have worked hard and even died, just for me to be able to say what I am right now, and to see the current admin piss that away is disheartening. Disheartening.

I could go on forever about this, and I'm trying to be as non-partisan as possible. I know which side I'm leaning towards. So I ask you all this, please get involved, get the facts, and for God's sake, VOTE.

www.factcheck.org (this non-partisan site is pretty enlightening about the exaggerations of both sides) Go get your learn on!

Let me also say this

I'll not vote for you because Oprah cried at your acceptance and you don't look like the "other" guys. I don't know you. Your lack of executive experience doesn't cut it. Sure community organizing is a worthy cause, ask Ghandi, MLK, Jr., Mother Theresa (all community organizers) but are you REALLY prepared to run a country and not just write memoirs. And don't throw all flowers and sunshine our way and expect us to take the bait.

I'll not vote for you because you spent 5 years in a POW camp. Heroic, yes, without a doubt. Creates a leader ? not necessarily. There's a reason the GOP thought you were too liberal 4 years ago, and I want to know why.

I'll not vote for you because you have lady parts and your party thinks I will be in awe of that. Please don't further insult womankind. Your telling me this was the best republican woman for the job? And ,AND!, people run companies who employ more people than the city you were the mayor of. That hardly counts as executive experience. I'm truly disappointed by this choice.

Sorry, got off on a little tangent there. I'm mad and plan to stay that way. I'm mad that once again, we're forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. I want to be inspired by my president, not bitter, burned and cynical. Living in a free country shouldn't cost it's citizens this much.....

That being said, make your choice, I don't care for whom, but make a well informed choice. We need to know what we're getting ourselves into this time around. I'll not be bamboozled by blind faith in a party again.

Vote McCain http://www.johnmccain.com/

Vote Obama http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

No comments: